3 Pack of Almond Sliced Silvered 2LB (Badam cushed) KhanaPakana Brand
- In Stock
- 2,721.00 Grams
Almond Sliced Silvered (Badam cushed) By KhanaPakana Brand 2LB
Wonderfully delicious, almonds have long been revered as symbol of wellness and health. The nuts are enriched with many health-benefiting nutrients that are essential for optimum health.
Botanically, they are the fruits from species of tree belonging to the family of Rosaceae, of Genus: Prunus. Scientific name: Prunus dulcis.
Almond tree is a small deciduous tree, native to mineral rich West-Asian mountain ranges that provide optimum environment for their growth. In recent years, it is being cultivated in many regions of the world as an important commercial crop.
During each spring season, the tree bears whitish-pink flowers that ultimately become fruits by autumn.
Country Of Origin: Product of USA
Product Weight: 2 LBS (0.9 KG) Each
Quantity: 3 Pack
In Structure: the fruit is a drupe; a single seed, known as ‘almond nut’ is actually enclosed inside the stony hard shell. Almonds feature oval to conical in shape, brown in color, measuring about 2 cm in length and 1 cm in breadth and weigh about 1 to 1.5 g.
Health benefits of Almonds
- Almond nuts are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals and packed with numerous health promoting phyto-chemicals; the kind of well-balanced food.
- These nuts are rich source of energy and nutrients. They are especially, rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids like oleic and palmitoleic acids.
- The nuts are an excellent source of vitamin E; contain about 25 g per 100 g (about 170% of RDA).
- Almonds are free in gluten and therefore, are a popular ingredient in the preparation of gluten free food formulas.
- These nuts are packed with many important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates.
- They are also rich source of minerals like manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
- The sweet almond oil is obtained from the nuts is an excellent emollient; helps to keep skin well protected from dryness. It has also been used in cooking, and as “carrier or base oil” in traditional medicines in aromatherapy, in pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry.
Storage Instructions: Shelled almonds can be placed in cool dry place for years. Store un-shelled nuts inside airtight container and place in the refrigerator to avoid them turn rancid.
Raw whole nuts are generally cut open at processing units using larger sheller machines. Smaller nut sheller equipment or hand held pliers usually are being used for domestic uses.
Here are some serving tips:
- Almonds can be enjoyed either on their own or salted or sweetened.
- They are nutty yet pleasantly sweet in taste. Sweetened almond milk is a quite popular drink in Indian and other south Asian countries.
- Most sought after among nuts in various rice dishes and curry preparations in Middle-East region.
- The nuts are often sprinkled over desserts, particularly sundaes and other ice cream based recipes.
- They are widely used in confectionery, as an addition to cookies, biscuits, sweets, and cakes.
- The nuts are also used to make almond-butter, which is popular in peanut allergy sufferers.