6 Pack of Fenugreek Seeds Methi Seeds Methi Dana 2LB KhanaPakana
- In Stock
- 5,442.00 Grams
Fenugreek Seeds Methi Seeds or Methi Dana 2LB KhanaPakana Brand
Fenugreek seeds have small, roughly angular, brownish yellow seeds. The seeds have a bitter yet pleasing flavor and potent aroma and are a characteristic taste of curry powders. The pebble-like seeds are often toasted to enhance their pungent aroma and have a powerful bittersweet, somewhat acrid taste, so use them in moderation. Fenugreek seeds are most commonly used in Indian and Pakistan cookery.
Country Of Origin: Product of USA
Product Weight: 2 LBS (0.9 KG) Each
Quantity: 6 Pack
Storage Instructions: Fenugreek seeds retain their flavour for years. Being low in moisture can keep for a year or more, in an air tight container, unrefrigerated.
Health Benefits of Fenugreek (Methi) Seeds:
- Fenugreek is one of the oldest recorded medicinal herbs, highly esteemed by both east and west, and has been regarded as a treatment for just about every ailment known to man.
- Fenugreek has a beneficial action on cleansing the blood.
- Fenugreek also has the reputation as a lymphatic cleansing herb.
- It is a wonderful for stimulating and fortifying the immune system.
- Fenugreek is a practical herb for all mucus conditions of the body, particularly the lungs, by helping to clear congestion.
- It is a powerful antioxidant and it acts as a mucus solvent and throat cleanser, which also eases the urge to cough.
- Even drinking the water that seeds have soaked in and been rinsed with, helps to soften and dissolve, accumulated and hardened masses of cellular debris.
- Fenugreek has been used for peptic ulcers and inflamed conditions of the stomach and bowel, absorbing toxic material and eliminating it; the healing and soothing action, creates a protective coating, like a lubricant, over inflamed areas.
- Fenugreek has helped travellers who have experienced abdominal griping pains and gastric upsets, when travelling in countries where food and water have been contaminated.
- People find that drinking a cup of the tea before meals can bring relief from numerous ailments.
- Methi seeds, whole, fried or roasted and powdered, are used as 'tarka' - Dals or garnishing.
- It is used commonly in pickles across India and is part of a five spice mixture used in Bengal.
- Add a pinch of ground fenugreek to Indian-style curries, chickpeas, falafel mix, and Indian potato dishes. Fenugreek is a commonly used flavoring agent and food product.
- Soaked seed, used as 'fenugreek berries' at 24 hours of germination, are soft and jelly-like, with a pleasantly mild flavour.
- Eat fenugreek sprouts as a snack, fresh-in-hand, added to sandwiches, salads, juiced with vegetables, mixed with potato salad and other root vegetables; use as a garnish, added to soups, rice and pasta dishes and stir-fries, just before serving.
- To make a tea, use 1 teaspoon of seeds to 1 cup boiling water. Strain and relish it with little honey plain or with little milk.
- Fenugreek seeds are tempered in hot oil or are dry roasted.
- Fenugreek is essential to sambhar powders.