6 Pack of Poppy Seeds 2 LB Khus Khus KhanaPakana Brand
- In Stock
- 5,500.00 Grams
Poppy Seeds Khus Khus KhanaPakana Brand 2 LBs
Nutty and pleasant in taste, poppy seeds are nutritious oil seeds used as condiment in cooking. They are the seeds obtained from the dry fruits (pods) of poppy plant (opium poppy) and entirely free from any sinister side effects of other products poppy plant (opium poppy).
Poppy plant is a biennial herb of East Mediterranean, and Asia Minor origin belonging to the papaveraceae family of the genus: Papaver. Scientific name: Papaver somniferum.
Country Of Origin: Product of USA
Product Weight: 2 LBS (0.9 KG) Each
Quantity: 6 Pack
Storage Instructions: Store seeds poppy in cool, dry, dark place, in airtight containers where they will stay fresh for up to six months.
Health Benefits of Poppy Seeds:
- Poppy seeds contain many plant derived chemical compounds that are known to have anti-oxidant, disease preventing and health promoting properties.
- Their unique nutty aromatic flavor is due to many fatty acids and essential volatile oils, which compose about 50% of net weight. The seeds are especially high in oleic and linoleic acids.
- Poopy seeds outer coat is rich in dietary fiber. 100 g seeds provide 19.5 g or 51% of recommended daily levels of fiber. Much of this fiber is metabolically inert which helps increase bulk of the food by absorbing water throughout the digestive system and easing constipation condition.
- The seeds are excellent source B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, riboflavin, niacin, and folic acid. Many of these vitamins functions as co-factors in substrate metabolism especially fat and carbohydrates.
- Poppy seeds contain good levels of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium.
- Dried poppy seeds contain very small levels of opium alkaloids such as morphine, thebaine, codiene, papaverine etc. When consumed in food, these compounds produce minimal effect when consumed on human nervous system.
- Poppy seed is used as food and as a source of fatty oil.
- It is widely used for culinary purposes.
- Poppy Seeds are a classic addition to buttered egg noodles, fruit salad dressings, and fragrant yeast breads.
- Poppy Seeds add nutty flavor and texture to breads, cakes, cookies, pastries, curries, sweets, confectionary, pastry crusts, and pancake and waffle batters.
- Indian cookery uses only the cream coloured seeds as the grey ones affect the colour of the final product.
- They are soaked and ground to form thick gravies which are further added to vegetable preparations.
- Poppy seeds are cooked with jaggery and coconut, enveloped in a case of flaky pastry and deep fried to make a delicious sweet called karanji.
- They look best when sprinkled over naan bread and cooked in a clay oven called a tandoor.