3 Pack of Cumin 7 OZ
- In Stock
- 600.00 Grams
Cumin Seeds Whole is also called Cummin, Cumin Acre, Sweet Cumin and Anise Acre. It’s a Syrian spice and extensively used in Syrian cuisine. Cumin Seeds Whole taste like bitter, deep and warm with a powerful aromatic effect. Use on breads, chili and in Mexican food.
Taste and Aroma: Slightly bitter, warm and powerful.
- Cumin can be used to season many dishes, either ground or as whole seeds, as it draws out their natural flavour. It is used as a whole, and are fried or toasted before use.
- Cumin is widely used to flavor stews, soups, meats and vegetables
- Cumin is widely used to prepare Jeera rice by roasting cumin seeds in butter, frying rice in it and cooking it with water .
- Dal is staple diet of Indian cuisine. Tempering or Tadka is given to Dal with cumin, giving it warm flavour.
- Many other legumes are normally tempered by cumin fried in butter to add more flavour to the dish.
- Cumin seeds are part of Bengali spice mixture panch phoron, made of nigella seeds, black mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds and cumin. This Bengali 5 spice mix is used to prepare dishes like Potato curry, Pan roasted potatoes, Salmon Kalia, spinach and many other.
- Cumin is used for tempering in almost all meat dishes, especially Northern Indian tandoori dishes.
- Cumin when toasted with coriander gives out distinctive aroma and is widely used In South Indian and Sri Lankan cuisines. Along with roasted and ground black pepper, cumin seeds are used in flavouring rasams.
- Cumin is extensively used spice in fish dishes, grills and stews of Mughlai cuisine and also in couscous - semolina steamed over meat and vegetables, the national dish of Morocco.
- Cumin used in some Dutch cheeses like Leyden cheese, and in traditional breads from France.
- Cumin added with caraway flavours Kummel, the famous German liquer.
Fact: An ancient belief states that a bride and groom should carry cumin on their wedding day to guarantee a happy life.
- Gluten free
- Salt free
- Sugar free
Product Weights: 7 OZ (198 Grams) Each
Quantity: 3 Pack
Country of Origin: Product of USA
Storage Instructions: Cumin seeds and cumin seeds powder should be kept in a tightly sealed glass container in a cool, dark and dry place. Ground cumin will keep fresh for about six months, while the whole seeds will stay fresh for about one year.