6 Pack of Sabudana 7OZ KhanaPakana Brand
- In Stock
- 1,188.00 Grams
Sabudana by KhanaPakana 7 OZ
Sabudana or Sago KhanaPakana Brand:
Sabudana, also known as Sago, is basically a starch which extracted from spongy center or pith, of various tropical palm stems. Metroxylon sagu is mostly used to extract Sago. Sago is known as the major staple food for the lowland peoples of New Guinea and the Moluccas. In these areas, Sago is named as saksak, rabia and sagu. Sago is also used to make sago flour which is then used in culinary. Sago is used all over the world to different cooking purposes.
Sabudana is in dry, even and white uniform pearls form. In Indian and Pakistani regions, Sabudana is also known as Javvari. Sabudana or Sago is not so much filled with nutrition. 100 grams of Sabudana or Sago contains 351 kilo calories, 87 grams of carbohydrates, 0.2 gram fat and 0.2 gram proteins. Besides this, there is no a further vitamin or minerals in it.
Health Benefits of Sabudana or Sago:
- Sabudana or Sago is full of carbohydrates which improves health.
- Its health benefits can be increased by adding groundnuts, vegetables or milk in it.
Culinary Uses of Sabudana:
- Sabudana is used in different Indian dishes. Indians uses Sabudana as a light meal. In Northern and Western Regions of India, Sabudana is used in different fasting dishes including Sabudana Khichadi or Sabudana Vada.
- In Southern India, Peoples uses Sabudana in the preparation of Small Pappadam Wafers, Sabudana Vada or dessert Kheer and Payasam.
- In many areas of the world, Sabudana is also used in the form of flour.
- Read Sabudana Recipes at khanapakana.com
- Before use, confirm that every pearl of Sabudana is separate
- Do not Over Soak Sabudana or otherwise it will turn into a sticky paste
- Sabudana is sensetaive to over heat. So don’t try soaked Sabudana in oil or ghee or it will turn into a sticky mass
- When you cook Sabudana, it will become soft and turn from white to translucent
Product Weight: 7 OZ (198 Grams) Each
Quantity: 6 Pack
Storage Instructions: Recommended to keep it in air tight container. Do not mix the old and new stock. Keeps it away from moisture, as little water can make the whole thing soggy thereby becoming unacceptable. It can however be stored for weeks or months.