3 Pack of Swad Vatana Green (Green Peas) 2 LB
- In Stock
- 2,721.00 Grams
Hara vataana refers to dried green peas. When fresh peas are not available or when you want to enjoy a starchier, hardier flavored legume, dried peas or Hara vataana are the perfect choice as they are available any time of the year. Although they belong to the same family as beans and lentils, they are usually distinguished as a separate group because of the ways in which they are prepared. The different types of Hara Vataana are all spherical, a feature that also sets them apart from beans and lentils. Dried peas are produced by harvesting the peapods when they are fully mature and then drying them. Once they are dried and the skins removed, they split naturally. While we generally associate dried peas with a deep green color, they are also available in a yellow color, which offers a more delicate flavor.
- Best taste in town
Parboiled Hara vataana- Parboiling is a cooking technique in which soaked hara vataana are partially cooked in boiling water, but removed before it is cooked all the way through. Many recipes call for parboiled peas as they longer to cook. Parboiling them in advances ensures that they get completely cooked in the final dish.
- Dried peas, a small but nutritionally mighty member of the legume family, are a very good source of cholesterol-lowering fiber.
- Not only can dried peas help lower cholesterol, they are also of special benefit in managing blood-sugar disorders since their high fiber content prevents blood sugar levels from rising rapidly after a meal.
- Dried peas also provide good to excellent amounts of four important minerals, two B-vitamins, and protein--all with virtually no fat.
- Dried peas, like other legumes, are rich in soluble fiber.
- They are a good source of potassium, which may decrease the growth and development of blood vessel plaques and is also good for lowering high blood pressure.
Country of Origin: Product of Canada
Ingredients: Whole Green Peas
Product Weight: 2 LB (907 Grams) Each
Quantity: 3 Pack
Storage Instructions: Keep in Cool & Dry Place
Allergen Warning: This product was processed on machinery that also processes wheat, peanuts and tree nuts.