- In Stock
- 99.00 Grams
Fennel Seed is also called common fennel or sweet cumin. Originated in India, fennel seeds has a strong distinctive taste similar to anise seed. Slightly sweet and delicate, fennel seed can be used in fish, sausage, liquors, baking, breads and cakes.
Fennel seeds exude anise like sweet fruity-aroma when rubbed between fingers. Its herb parts including soft growing tops, root-bulb, dried stalks, and seeds are used extensively in wide variety of cuisines all over the world.
In order to keep the fragrance and flavor intact, fennel seed is generally ground just before preparing dishes or whole seeds are lightly roasted before using them in a recipe.
Here are some serving tips:
- Fennel seed is widely used as a savory spice. It is principally added in cooking as a condiment and flavoring base.
- They are widely used in fish dishes, cheese spreads, and vegetable dishes.
- In India, its seeds are being used as part of curry powder (Bengali paanch pooran). In addition, sugarcoated seeds (saunf) used as after food chewing condiment to improve digestion in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- Like caraway, fennel seeds are used to flavor breads, dough, cakes, biscuits, and cheese.
- Along with anise, fennel is an important ingredient used in absinthe, an alcoholic beverage.
Ingredients: Fennel Seed.
- 3.5 OZ (99 Grams)
- 7 OZ (198 Grams)
- 14 OZ (397 Grams)
Country Of Origin: Product of USA
Storage Instructions: Store dry fennel seeds as you do in case of other seeds like caraway, dill etc. Place whole seeds in a clean air-seal container and store in cool, dry, dark place.