- In Stock
- 99.00 Grams
Carom seeds are also known as ajwain seeds. A great spice from Indian and Mediterranean and has taste very similar to thyme's minty flavor. Its deep taste is quite stronger, intense, yet pleasant. Use carom seeds in baking, bread, vegetables, beans and pastries.
Ajwain Seeds/ Carom Seeds:
Carom Seeds (Ajwain Seeds) are the seeds of a plant which known as Taachyspermum Ammi. Ajwain is popular as a spice which is used in the cuisines of India, Pakistan and other regions of the world. Ajwain has high density of taste and that’s why small amount of Ajwain is enough for giving its flavor to your food.
This plant is native to India, Pakistan and Near Eastern regions and it is also cultivated in these areas mostly. It is also reported to be first cultivated in Egypt, Iran and Afghanistan regions. In India, more than 90% of Ajwain consumption is fulfilled with the production of Rajasthan region.
Other Names of Ajwain Seeds:
Ajowan, Bishop's weed, Ajowan caraway, Carom seeds, Thymol seeds, Vaamu in Telugu or Omam in Tamil.
Uses of Ajwain Seed, Carom Seed:
- Ajwain is used as a home remedy for several health issues.
- It is used in the making of Berbere Spice Mix Eritrea and Ethiopian regions.
- Pakistani and Indians uses it commonly in their cuisines. Middle Eastern Cuisines also sometimes uses it.
- Ajwain Paratha is a very popular dish of Punjab in India and Pakistan.
- They also uses it in the making of drinks, soups, sauces, snacks and spicy biscuits.
Side Effects of Ajwain or Carom Seed:
- It is also not good for patients suffering for Liver Disease.
- It is not recommended to use Ajwain 2-3 weeks before surgery because it slows blood clotting.
- 3.5 OZ (99 Grams)
- 7 OZ (198 Grams)
- 14 OZ (397 Grams)
Country of Origin: Product of USA
Storage Instructions: Keep them in dry and cool place, away from moisture and sun light.