5 Five Spice Mix
- In Stock
- 99.00 Grams
5 Five Spice Mix
Five spice mix is a unique blend of Fenugreek seed (Methi), Nigella seed (Kalo jira), Mustard seed (Rai or Shorshe), Fennel seed (Mouri), and Cumin seed (Jeera). This superb spice mix provides an intense deep powerful flavor in all your favorite dishes.
Panch Puran (also called Panch Phoran, Panch Phoron, or Bengali Five-Spice Mix) is a spice mixture used in Indian cuisine. It is made of equal parts of five spices:
- Fenugreek seed (Methi)
- Nigella seed (Kalo jira)
- Mustard seed (Rai or Shorshe)
- Fennel seed (Mouri)
- Cumin seed (Jeera)
- Panch phoron is usually fried in oil or ghee before adding anything else to the pot, flavouring the oil and releasing the aroma of the oils in the seeds and causing them to pop in the pan. Other ingredients are added at this point.
- Panch phoran helps to bring forward the flavours of vegetables, beef, fish or lentils.
- Though panch phoran is utilised in other parts of northern and eastern India, It is almost impossible to imagine Bengali food without them. Panch phoran should be used in small quantities as it has a very powerful aroma and flavor.
- Crushed panch phoran matches well with: cheese, eggs, fish, game, lamb, pork, poultry, salad, sausages, soup, steaks, strawberries, tomatoes, paneer .
- Potato curry with tamarind and panch phoran or fish kalias,and macher Jhol( Bengali fish curry), spinach with panch phoran, lentil , etc are a few popular recipe.
- It gives a unique flavour when it is added to mustard oil as is generally done in Bengali cuisine
- This seasoning mix is excellent for flavouring when used in vegetable dishes, chutneys or dal (lentil) or fish recipes.
- 3.5 OZ (99 Grams)
- 7 OZ (198 Grams)
- 14 OZ (397 Grams)
Country Of Origin: Product of USA
Storage Instructions: The panch phoran should be kept in a tightly sealed glass container in a cool, dark and dry place.